Business Council honors 5
Five businesses will be inducted into The Business Council of Westchester’s Hall of Fame when the organization holds its annual awards dinner Wednesday night at the Glen Island Harbor Club in New Rochelle.
The inductees are:
• New York Life Insurance Co., for Corporate Citizenship. The company employs about 1,000 at its Sleepy Hollow campus, where it provides child care, adoption assistance, a fitness center, tuition reimbursement, and a volunteer program that does food collections and youth events in the county.
• Hospitality Resource Group Inc., for Entrepreneurial Success. Founded 12 years ago, the company employs 19 at White Plains and at satellite offices in Manhattan and Connecticut.
• Dorf Law Firm, for Small Business Success. Founded by Jon A. Dorf as a solo practice in 1992 in Mamaroneck, the practice has diversified and grown to 12 people.
• Therese Ferretti, Collins Brothers Moving Corp., for Women in Business. Ferretti, who started at the business as a receptionist in 1985, is now president of the company and oversees operations in Larchmont and elsewhere around the country.
• Berkeley College, Family Business Success. The White Plains college is run by brothers Kevin, Randy, Tim and Brian Luing.